New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lancelot
Hatchling

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2010 :  23:57:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow, what an experience. Was sad when he went cloudy eyed for a couple days but he returned to normal and today i have a shinny new snake. You'd never know that he had flakes of skin prior looking out of sorts - Kinda my ailt because of my air heating in the house has made working out humidity levels difficult which i now know how to correct (one misting in the morning and one misting around dinner time in the house hold)
He's still whistling when he breaths but i'm gussing fro the time being it's down to a nostal bit not yet budged -

but i will keep an eye on him to make sure it's not a RI

and here's a clip of him trying to rub off his skin without rocks even though his viv is surrounded by them. Anyway later he worked out the branches were more effective and so i had nice draping skin after almost like he was on a decorating mission.
Reason he didn't shed whole is he was daft enough to get himself stuck in my laptop stand breifly he squeezed though which i left him with two patches along his body but at that point anyway he was using my jeans as a nudging station so i moved him int to viv where he could play with the rocks which are more effective in breaking up the facial skin.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC9zHO3wM4o

and him in shinny , shinny mode with the most mesmerising dark, dark eyes.

picture from a few days back-

If his whistle doesn't go how long should i wait till i check it out. Admittedly this whistle has only been there last few day.

Edited by - Lancelot on 15/12/2010 00:01:05

Lancelot
Hatchling

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 15/12/2010 :  01:17:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
no, it appears that he trying to blow his last but of nostril skin out.
I half feel like i should be passing him a hanky , lol.

Go to Top of Page

Robert
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
957 Posts

Posted - 15/12/2010 :  09:52:21  Show Profile  Visit Robert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I had a royal with a slight whistle whilst it was in shed too and dried skin is all it was :)

Go to Top of Page

Lancelot
Hatchling

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 15/12/2010 :  13:11:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
and today we have no whistle .

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: