New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gary
Yearling

United Kingdom
120 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2010 :  21:12:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I CARNT BELEIVE THAT MY LUCY HASNT FEED YET IT HAS BEEN 7 WEEKS NOW WHAT CAN THE PROBLUM BE

1xgtp 1xjungel carpet python 1x normal royal 1x100% pastel boa 1x pueblan 1x cali king

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2010 :  21:38:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, sorry to hear that. How old is Lucy? If she's an adult, the non-feeding's quite usual at this time of year as it's breeding season - they've got their minds on other things!

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2010 :  22:05:13  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Any photos and detail of your setup?

Has she lost any weight?

Go to Top of Page

gary
Yearling

United Kingdom
120 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  12:49:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HI EVERY ONE NO MY LUCY IS ABOUT 6MTHS OLD. WHEN I GOT HER SHE WAS EATING MINCE THEN I GOT HER ON RATS SHE WAS FINE THEN SHE SHED THAT WENT FINE AFTER THAT SHE JUST WOULDNT EAT I WILL PUT SOME PICS OF MY VIV THEN SOMEONE CAN TELL ME IF ITS RIGHT OR WRONG

1xgtp 1xjungel carpet python 1x normal royal 1x100% pastel boa 1x pueblan 1x cali king
Go to Top of Page

gary
Yearling

United Kingdom
120 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  14:29:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have put them pics on so i hope this will help pls help im getting worred now

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  16:38:18  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
seen the pics, it could be your temps, as on the pics the therm reads 29, royals need hot end temps of 31-33

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

gary
Yearling

United Kingdom
120 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  19:43:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi thanx 4 the reply my temp is always 31 32c it was 29 because i had the door open 4 a bit.i have just tryed again to feed her but she justs turns a way from it i think ill take her to the vets and see what there say if not i dont know what ill do because i have never forced feed a snake before.anyway thanks to all for replying

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  19:51:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I know it's been a good few feeds now, but, as BE says, has she lost any weight? They can often fast for a good while at this time of year (my Shahi, who's only a month or two older than Lucy, is very on and off at the moment - though nothing like Lucy, I will admit.) As I understand it, as long as they aren't losing too much weight, a fast isn't too much to worry about (although I understand about the worrying - would worry myself, would always rather see them eating.)

Edit ps, in the pics she looks nice and chunky!

Edited by - n/a on 27/12/2010 19:53:18
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  20:06:14  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Any hides in there or just the shelf?

Water bowl?

Go to Top of Page

gary
Yearling

United Kingdom
120 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  20:07:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OR CHEERS FOR THAT YEA SHE LOOKS OK BUT U JUST WORRY DONT U WHAT IS THIS FASTING THEN ALSO IVE WEIGHT HER SHE IS 600G NOW SO ILL DO IT AGAIN SAME TIME NEXT WEEK TO SEE IF SHE HAS LOST WEIGHT. HOW LONG WOULD THIS GO ON FOR ?

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  20:08:29  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
6 months old and 600g?

No wonder she's having a break if that's right! - That's a very large 6 month old.

http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4437

See weight graph above ^^

Go to Top of Page

gary
Yearling

United Kingdom
120 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  20:43:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ARE WOULD U SAY ITS OLDER THEN IVE BEEN RINGING THE MAN UP SO I CAN ASK HIM HOW OLD SHE IS BUT NO ANSWER SO IM GUESSING

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  20:49:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, indeed, that is massive - I posted with Shahi's weight at 7 mths - 400g and apparently that was a record! (Admittedly on ordinary scales - am getting digitals soon, having 3 royals now, it's essential, and can't wait to check on Shahi.)

But Lucy sounds (and looks) a fine strapping lass - doubt if she'll starve to death overnight, bless her!

Sorry, edit - the older ones can fast for quite some time (see non-feeding club thread) - I think it varies from snake to snake. Shahi can miss two meals and be hungry for a third at present; my new girl Surahi who is an 06 came at the end of Nov, ate a small meal a week later, and has fasted till today, when she fed, bless her. (I'm lucky to be able to tie all this in with gannet corns.) But it's hard to say how long it lasts - you just have to keep offering every week. Good luck!

Edited by - n/a on 27/12/2010 21:01:10
Go to Top of Page

gary
Yearling

United Kingdom
120 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  20:57:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
cheers its made me feel better when there say she looks fine.she must be about 15mths old then ?

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  22:07:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is Lucy captive-bred or captive farmed? The cf, like Shahi, are hatched April/May, cb babies arrive ...is it Feb/March? I'm not sure on this point! And then later on in Sept? That could be a guide to Lucy's age.

She looks a bonny lass, whatever her age!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000