Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2011 :  20:07:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is for the best and a very good sign of a responsible breeder/shop. A non feeder is very stressful for the poor owner so the fact he is been cautious is removing some of the stress for you and turning it into excitement.

Go to Top of Page

Dlanefox
Yearling

United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2011 :  21:30:04  Show Profile  Click to see Dlanefox's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah I know he was new in from a good breeder cos I had fallen in love with 2 females he's got in the shop but won't part with ( think a lot of the shop is just an extension of his collection!) been in to see him today, fed yesterday no prob so all the signs are good. We only live about 3 mins walk from shop which is great. Need to think of a name to stop my hubbie calling him monty!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2011 :  21:33:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had the same problem with my friends, family and people at work. Still trying to get them to call him Duke. Monty is a cool name though, just not for me.

Go to Top of Page

Dlanefox
Yearling

United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2011 :  21:39:36  Show Profile  Click to see Dlanefox's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
When I went in today my boy is in with the girls and he was underneath them I had to get them off to get to him ( they are both about 3 years old) so at least I have proved I'm not scared to deal with them ( they are the most well behaved snakes I've ever met lol!)
Go to Top of Page

Dlanefox
Yearling

United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2011 :  21:43:33  Show Profile  Click to see Dlanefox's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ordered a ir bulb too cos not happy with White lamp for nightime, have light for daytime anyway only need lamp for heat.
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2011 :  21:47:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If he has your male in with 2 females and he is 3 years old its quite possible he's attempting to mate him to the females before handing him over. Its the only reason someone would put a male in with females in the breeding season. (well thats how it sounds to me)

Go to Top of Page

Dlanefox
Yearling

United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2011 :  22:10:55  Show Profile  Click to see Dlanefox's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
No he's only 6 months they are 3 years sorry for confusion just put pic on forum
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2011 :  22:21:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ahhhhh yeah he's probably not upto the job at 6 months.

Go to Top of Page

Royalbob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
1115 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2011 :  23:30:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some males are good to go at 6 months

1.0 Enchi butter
1.0 Enchi X Pastel
1.0 Fire het clown
1.0 Bumblebee
1.0 pinstripe

0.1 Enchi Fire
0.1 Pastel calico
0.1 Yellow belly Pinstripe
0.1 Lemon pastel poss het clown
0.1 Het clown
0.1 Yellow belly
0.1 Green Mojave
0.1 HC Albino
0.2 Normals

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2011 :  23:32:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Royalbob

Some males are good to go at 6 months

Ah so I may still have a point.

Go to Top of Page

Dlanefox
Yearling

United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2011 :  23:44:36  Show Profile  Click to see Dlanefox's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
That's not funny cos I have a female Bengal cat in season and a 6 month kitten who's showing a little too much interest but thankfully he's too short lol!
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2011 :  23:47:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Time to get out the Yellow Pages, or being a cat maybe the thomson Local.

Go to Top of Page

Dlanefox
Yearling

United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2011 :  23:54:32  Show Profile  Click to see Dlanefox's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The vet won't sort her out cos she's small for age but the kitten bless him it might be time for the dreaded visit lol!
Go to Top of Page

Dlanefox
Yearling

United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2011 :  23:55:29  Show Profile  Click to see Dlanefox's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sorry for changing subject !!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2011 :  23:56:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have my animals fixed at 6 months.

Go to Top of Page

Dlanefox
Yearling

United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2011 :  00:00:36  Show Profile  Click to see Dlanefox's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
What animals do you have?
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2011 :  00:09:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've had rabbits, cats, hamsters, a mouse, gecko's

I currently have 15 fish, a dog (jack russell crossed with squirrel I think), a corn snake and a royal python.

I would fill my apartment with animals if I could but only so much room and so much time i have spare.

Go to Top of Page

Dlanefox
Yearling

United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2011 :  21:08:10  Show Profile  Click to see Dlanefox's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Oh dear went to see my boy at the shop and the owner had a beautiful corn snake out, I'm usually not sure about them but now I WANT ONE lol!!!
Cant wait to bring my royal home on Wednesday.
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2011 :  21:13:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL, they are so addictive, every snake owner needs a corn snake, I love Spot to bits he has such a character on him.

I'm sure your very excited, I think Duke is about to shed, his belly was looking a bit milky when i couldn't resist getting him out for a quick hold and photoshoot.

have a look at the corns over on TCS forum http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=3

Edited by - Lotabob on 29/01/2011 21:14:56
Go to Top of Page

Dlanefox
Yearling

United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2011 :  21:15:52  Show Profile  Click to see Dlanefox's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Was wondering if my hubbie would notice a small one have a spare tank lol
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000