Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2011 :  12:31:22  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone. Just wondering if anyone is familiar with the growth rate of burmese pythons? I want to get a baby albino ive seen but once its 6-7 foot itll have grown out of its viv size and ill need to upgrade, I wont have the room for another year or so so wondered if they are a slow growing snake?

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2011 :  14:08:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL are you getting addicted!

I don't know anything about their growth rate but here are the two facts I AM aware of:

What do you call a burm? Sir or Madam.

Where does it sleep? Wherever it likes.

And after just getting a whiff from a corn viv ... rather you than me with the mucking out, mate!

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2011 :  14:24:37  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Lmao. I know I suck, I should have taken up smoking instead of snakes. Ive read a bit more now though and it appears to be unrecordable growth rate. Read a breeder whos burm got upto 8ft by its first and another who was 4ft at ten years old but then shot to 11ft in 1 year once it was put on a bigger diet. So I guess the question is, is it adequete to keep a small burm on a small diet for a few years? Dont answer it I know the answer and yes im just being inpatient, sue me its what I do lol.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2011 :  14:56:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LMAO (stubs out her rolly) you can smoke and have snakes too (as long as you wash hands carefully before handling lol.)

I'd go for the burm if I were you - if I was 30 years younger and had handling assistance in the house I'd do the same - why not??

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2011 :  15:24:26  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I want it but if something didnt go to plan and I wasnt able to move out before it got 6ft I wouldnt have the room to get a bigger viv or the heart to sell it, i'd end up sleeping on the sofa and selling my bed for room lol cant be having that

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2011 :  15:35:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So? Sell the sofa and keep the bed.

Or get one of those shelf beds where you have a study (or snake) station underneath.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2011 :  15:41:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But bear in mind that Mr Burm may choose the sleeping shelf as his des res!

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2011 :  16:09:12  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Mr. Burm will sleep where hes bloody well told! *he says in his most brave big boy voice* lol ill let you all know how it goes after I speak to jim my reptile man

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2011 :  16:20:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck.

Ummm...just a thought!

Smoking's said to stunt growth, right?

Get Mr Burm hooked on cigars. Or wacky baccy.

Little weeeeed!!!!

Problem solved!

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2011 :  16:32:33  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sounds like you've been on a little weeeeeeed already lol. Ill keep it in mind thought.

On a side note before anyone says it, I know you can get dwarf burmese but I dont want one, heard they are extremely vicious

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2011 :  16:39:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kelfezond

Sounds like you've been on a little weeeeeeed already lol. Ill keep it in mind thought.

On a side note before anyone says it, I know you can get dwarf burmese but I dont want one, heard they are extremely vicious

LOL MOI???

Never smoked the stuff in my LIFE LOL

Go to Top of Page

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2011 :  21:35:02  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh lil....me think she fibs!!!

I'm in a similar rut! I want....NO, NEED a boa! Oh a boa, my life for a boa! But i need to sort out a small problem called tom, sorry hun but you dont need a den, office, room full of cra*. A shed I'm sure is the answer!

Anyone want to swap a husband for a boa? only slightly soiled...scrubs up nice on occasions!

0.1.0 Royal Python - Florence
1.0.0 Boa Constrictor - Boris
1.1.0 Alaunts - Willow & Brochan
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2011 :  22:04:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL - Lil ain't fibbing - had a sheltered youth - wishes it was otherwise lol!

Umm...I'd rather have a big python or a boa than a husband

Well, you wouldn't have to wash its socks, would you, eh?

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2011 :  22:07:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Or listen to it snoring!

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2011 :  10:45:54  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Okay I've come down to two ... erm .. "solutions?"

1. I replace my bed with a viv of the same dimensions, reinforce it so it can take alot of weight and build a stepladder to get ontop where I can sleep......

2. I replace my desk with a viv and build 2 leg holes in the glass so I can still put my legs under the "desk" ...

think I'm getting a bit silly and desperate? lol

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2011 :  11:57:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL - get a laptop and put Mr Burm's viv on the desk!

You'll find a solution ... about three months back you were wondering where to put Diablo and now you've got 4 royals - what difference is the odd burm or two going to make?

Snakes don't half change our lives for us ...

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2011 :  14:03:23  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
That's very true. I did have to buy a new desk, set of drawers and rearrange my room for diablo though xP

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2011 :  18:17:58  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
This project has become my nemesis, the eventuality of the burm getting too big too quick is very real so looks like a minimum of 2 years before I can seriously think about this again. I am very sad

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2011 :  19:16:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww, that's a burm-er!

You mean you'll be like this really ancient guy of 23 when you get your first burm?

You could always give it a duvet and an electric blanket on the sofa!

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2011 :  19:18:03  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
poor kelf, but sometimes things happen for a reason, plus within them 2 years you can get alot of expierince with big snakes, and get everything sorted

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Oh How Original
Yearling

United Kingdom
378 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2011 :  22:55:10  Show Profile  Click to see Oh How Original's MSN Messenger address  Send Oh How Original a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
YAY!
Glad to see you made a thread about it dude.
Now go get your burm lol.

When on the Forums, always be nice, stick to the rules and help when you can.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000