Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Stuck!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2011 :  22:04:03  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just had Florence out for a slither and did my usual, snake round arm, settling in for the night, put laptop on table ready to view and sat down at table. Florence normally explores the table then settles on my lap for a while.....not tonight, oh no! she went under the table and through the extending mechanism. She refused to go through completely and also refused to go back so i ended up under the table, on my back, begging her to come to me! meanwhile my dogs are looking on and I'm panicking that they will get too close! She spent most of the time with her head and most of body laying on my head while i lay beneath but she seemed determined to venture into the mechanism further.

After an age and promises of very big tasty rats for tea, she went further through so that just her tail was holding her on, so i quite forcefully pushed it through and she clung round my neck as she dropped.

Another few mins to recover, (me, not her!) and she was back in her viv!

If it wasnt for the dogs i would have left her to sort herself out but i wasnt prepared to risk it!

So much for chilling out with my snake tonight!

0.1.0 Royal Python - Florence
1.0.0 Boa Constrictor - Boris
1.1.0 Alaunts - Willow & Brochan

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2011 :  22:18:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh the little bugger, lol. They do like to get themselves into these situations.

Go to Top of Page

reptilemadd
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2011 :  22:22:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
they've got no consideration have they lol, not had that problem with my snake but have with magic my bearded dragon but after worrying about the dog be a bit over the top with him I let him out the other day for a wonder he terrorized the dog lol zak was lay down minding his own buisness and magic wondered straight over to him like a little pit bull and looked at him as if to say if you don't move I'll move you lol

1.0.0 beardie "magic"
1.1.0 100% Het Clown "Cerberus" and "Artemis"
0.1.0 Poss Calico "Ariadne"
1.0.0 Lesser " Kronos"
Go to Top of Page

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2011 :  08:44:18  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ha, dont you just love pets with attitude?!

How do your dogs react to your snake? I have 2 Alaunts, (Big hunting dogs) they seem totaly unimpressed by my snakes yet when we see adders in the fields they go on point and get worried by them, dont make much sense!

0.1.0 Royal Python - Florence
1.0.0 Boa Constrictor - Boris
1.1.0 Alaunts - Willow & Brochan
Go to Top of Page

reptilemadd
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2011 :  10:00:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol he has a sniff shakes his head then goes and sits down totally uninterested :0

1.0.0 beardie "magic"
1.1.0 100% Het Clown "Cerberus" and "Artemis"
0.1.0 Poss Calico "Ariadne"
1.0.0 Lesser " Kronos"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000