New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gary
Yearling

United Kingdom
120 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  14:07:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi all my reggie has still not eaten for 4months now went to try him on monday and he went for the mouse and missed it so i tryed again and he just turns away now what do i do now plz help

1xgtp 1xjungel carpet python 1x normal royal 1x100% pastel boa 1x pueblan 1x cali king

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  15:23:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, sorry to hear Reggie's still in the non-feeding club. All you can do is not to handle him, leave him apart from water changing/usual checks, and try him again on his next feeding day. He'll get there.

Go to Top of Page

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  16:20:09  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Flo was off her food for a while and the week before she started eating again she had semi struck and missed, then gave up. The following week she ate a smaller than normal meal (gave her a mouse). Now she is is a gannet!

Good luck, it could be the first sign of her returning apetite.

0.1.0 Royal Python - Florence
1.0.0 Boa Constrictor - Boris
1.1.0 Alaunts - Willow & Brochan
Go to Top of Page

gary
Yearling

United Kingdom
120 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  18:01:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
THANKS 4 THE REPLYS.LIKE U SAY LEAVE HIM ALONE AND ILL JUST KEEP TRYING.I HAVE TRYED 8 MICE ALREADY WITH NO JOY

1xgtp 1xjungel carpet python 1x normal royal 1x100% pastel boa 1x pueblan 1x cali king
Go to Top of Page

bestmummy
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2011 :  20:35:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my son is in the army and has left us in charge of his 18 months male royal python, no problems with eating shedding etc, First week in january of 2011 he bought a second royal, (female) same age, she has not eaten since we brought her home despite assurances from the breeeder she was a good eater, we have tried mice and went down to fuzzies as she was always shieing away from the food, have left her alone with it over night on several occasions no joy, also tried a chick which the breeeder assures us is a sure thing for her to eat, but she shied away from that too. She now appears to be starting to shed, had gone very dull and eyes a milky colour, and her head has a horrible scar looking effect on it. please advise dont want to come down in a morning and find her gone!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2011 :  21:17:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bestmummy

my son is in the army and has left us in charge of his 18 months male royal python, no problems with eating shedding etc, First week in january of 2011 he bought a second royal, (female) same age, she has not eaten since we brought her home despite assurances from the breeeder she was a good eater, we have tried mice and went down to fuzzies as she was always shieing away from the food, have left her alone with it over night on several occasions no joy, also tried a chick which the breeeder assures us is a sure thing for her to eat, but she shied away from that too. She now appears to be starting to shed, had gone very dull and eyes a milky colour, and her head has a horrible scar looking effect on it. please advise dont want to come down in a morning and find her gone!

Hi, I have an 09 female who has only eaten once since 8 Jan - it's not unusual at this time of year and she'll start eventually. But chicks have no nourishment - I know some people feed them as a treat but it is really best to feed rodents - rats are best if she will take them but I imagine you're going to be overjoyed to see her take a mouse at the moment. It's a good idea to restart them on smaller prey if they seem reluctant, but I'd recommend small or medium mice rather than fuzzies as some adult snakes don't recognise infant mice as prey.

Her shedding sounds to be all in order, but is it possible to post a picture of the 'scar' on her head? I know their skins can look terribly dusty and dull, and also it's possible she's got some retained shed on her head which may come off with the rest, or need bathing gently. A pic would be good because then someone more experienced than me can advise.

Hope this helps. I doubt if you're going to lose her, by the way!

Go to Top of Page

bestmummy
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2011 :  21:06:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for info on feeding my sons royal python, or rather lack of feeding, she has now shed perfectly but still not eaten, was rather hoping that would have solved problem but hey ho just keep on trying. @-)
Go to Top of Page

bestmummy
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2011 :  08:26:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks to everyone for the help with the 'non feeding' of my son's royal, last night she ate for the first time in four months, :-)) hope this is the sign of things to come.
Go to Top of Page

Tawfik47
Fully Grown Royal

Czech Republic
1584 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2011 :  09:04:40  Show Profile  Click to see Tawfik47's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Congrats !! .. great news

1.0.0 Common Boa - Revo CB13

I had a royal python (Blitz) for two years for those who are wondering what I'm doing here with my boa :D
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2011 :  13:44:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey that's great! Congrats!

Gives me hope too as both my girls are still fasting ... Shahi, the boy, is doing well on rats but as for the girls ... that's royals for you eh?

Really glad to hear she's turned the corner!

Amendment - have just checked on Saada, who I'd left with her rat - and she's eaten it!! Surahi hasn't eaten but she's a huge lump - it was Saada who I was a bit worried about as she was beginning to lose weight. chuffed to bits!

Hi, Gary, how's Reggie doing? Am I mistaken or did you post to say he'd eaten? Hope he's going on ok.

Edited by - n/a on 25/04/2011 14:01:05
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000