Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2011 :  18:11:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bless her - she sounds to be doing really well.

Yes, they can yawn - after feeding they will do a spectacular yawn and jaw waggle. I've also seen the yawn as a preliminary to shedding. Yawning is normal as long as it's not accompanied by wheezing or bubbling, but I should think your vet has checked her for any signs of respiratory infection, especially in her neglected condition.

A tube of shed off her tail ... omg. It's a good thing you got her because eventually the tail would have become necrotic.

I'm so glad you got her in time - and I bet she definitely is.

All the very best.

Go to Top of Page

Wendigo
Yearling

United Kingdom
149 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2011 :  10:55:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks =) In the past two day she has been doing some clicky popping sound while breating, but thats only started while she's going through the shed, and i heard that's quite common?

0.2.0 Normal Royal Python. Wendigo & Chepi
1.2.0 Dogs. Bedley,Nuna,Holly.
0.2.0 Hens. Orakiah & Astrid
1.2.0 Tortoises. Ishi, Pandora,Squirt.
0.2.0 Rats. Mouse, Flubba.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2011 :  11:09:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, it can be loosening shed obstructing her nostrils, but I'd mention it to the vet just to be on the safe side. I'm a worrybucket, by the way, as you may have gathered lol - don't want to worry you further but since she's seeing the vet, no harm in mentioning eh? With any luck it will just be the shed.

All the best.

Go to Top of Page

Wendigo
Yearling

United Kingdom
149 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2011 :  12:38:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got back from the vets about 2 hours ago. She's hasn't been doing any clicky noises today, and it slipped my mind to mention about the clicking noises. Anyway, i have good news. She's healing up very well, and while bathing her today, i let her slide through the tissue paper to dry herself, and a lot of the scabbing has come off, and she has lovely healed skin under it. She seems a bit better in herself now, and isn't keeping the sore part of the floor while moving around. Also some more good news, we were talking to the vet today about how we were worried about his other snakes and stuff, and he said he's going to get an RSPCA Officer to pay a visit to them =D He has two corn snakes that he is breeding, and i don't think he's checked the female to see if she's breeding weight. D= They also had a horse that they rehomed, dogs, and fish, i just hope he knows how to look after them and that they are not suffering. (He also has kids. God help us)

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2011 :  12:47:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's great, really pleased to hear - you must feel really relieved, and I bet Wendigo does too. It's such a good thing she found you!

Also good news about the RSPCA visit - I hope something gets done about those corns and any other neglected animals.

Go to Top of Page

Wendigo
Yearling

United Kingdom
149 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2011 :  15:27:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah i am so relieved, Wendy's such a lovely little girl it's about time she starts having a nice life.

Yeah i hope so too =)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: