Posted - 13/07/2011 :  14:17:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good stuff.

Go to Top of Page

dpennington
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2011 :  14:16:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Towel over her has brought her out more so that's good. Tonight is feed night. I'll defrost the hopper early evening and feed her before I go to bed. If she doesn't eat tonight, she's the perfect size for snake skin shoes for my 10 week old daughter.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2011 :  16:44:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww, you don't mean that lol! Bless her!

Good luck - she WILL get there - royals are like that, feast or famine snakes, stuffing their faces or fasting - but oh boy it's hell until you've actually seen them eat for you, I know, been there done that ...

Fingers crossed!

Go to Top of Page

hodgie
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1197 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2011 :  19:22:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dpennington

Towel over her has brought her out more so that's good. Tonight is feed night. I'll defrost the hopper early evening and feed her before I go to bed. If she doesn't eat tonight, she's the perfect size for snake skin shoes for my 10 week old daughter.

I would still suggest that you get a rub though.

Royals owned "lots"

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2011 :  20:59:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What you upto with the editing lol. It will be lost without a title.

Go to Top of Page

BlueDragon
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
876 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2011 :  10:05:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wasn't going to mention about the faun, but since otheres have first I will stress that I totaly agree. Get her out of there or you may end up with problems... and a hefty vet bill.
Royals seem to love RUB's, although I can't comment personaly. They're cheap to buy and set up and you can just move up a size when needed. They're really usefull!

For now I would cover three sides of the faun with black card or something simmilaly dark, so she has privacy. The towel seems to be working, so keep that up. How much decor is there? Royals like it packed out too (they're Agrophobic), so it might be an idea to get some more foliage for her if it's not too full at the minuet.

As others have said, it just takes time sometimes. It's all new to her and Royals are nervey on a good day (Tig excluded... he's different) so she just has to learn to trust her new parent first.

But firstly, please get her a RUB. They're much safer and she'll probably like it much better too.

Good luck and don't freit!

Just me and my zoo.
Go to Top of Page

dpennington
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2011 :  21:40:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She's fed twice now and is gaining weight. Chuffed and relieved. Cheers for the advice. I'll look into the RUB tonight.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2011 :  21:49:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats - that's great news.

Go to Top of Page

Robert
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
957 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2011 :  19:14:22  Show Profile  Visit Robert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm pleased to hear that :) I have snakes in exo faunariums when they are young and so long as the environment is quiet they are fine, I am happy she has fed though, its always a relief but patience is always virtue, so long as eveything else is good they will feed :)

Go to Top of Page

SaltyTurtle
Yearling

155 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2011 :  04:00:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well I managed to go home last night and resist the temptation to try and feed Agnus. I covered the top with my redundant unused fitness first towel and I'll leave her be. The vet said today to weigh her just to monitor her. This is something I've wanted to do but haven't wanted to disturb her. I will fish her out and quickly weigh her tonight.

Day one done. Four more to go until feeding attempt number 10.

After reading this I rejoiced, and ate a scotch egg!

Go to Top of Page

SaltyTurtle
Yearling

155 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2011 :  04:02:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ok, thanks! Just spat half chewed Scotch Egg all over my desk/keyboard (not really, but that's comedy!)

Go to Top of Page

SaltyTurtle
Yearling

155 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2011 :  04:04:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hodgie

quote:

I would still suggest that you get a rub though.[;)]

Maybe it's because it's late at night, but that made me laugh like I haven't since Carry On films became extinct.

Go to Top of Page

SaltyTurtle
Yearling

155 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2011 :  04:05:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

She's fed twice now and is gaining weight. Chuffed and relieved. Cheers for the advice. I'll look into the RUB tonight.

*snort*

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000