New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BlueDragon
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
876 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2011 :  09:20:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So I defrosted my freezer and put Tig's rats in the back of the fridge 'cause it freezes anything you stick right at the back (I have it turned up high) so I thought they'd be OK for a little while. But when I've come to put them back in the freezer I've noticed that they've thawed ever so slightly. Their insides were still frozen, but I could move them slightly, if that makes sense? They're back in the freezer now, but do you think they'll still be OK, or should I just chuck 'em and get more?

Just me and my zoo.

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2011 :  10:43:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, they'll be fine. sounds like there were still a load of ice crystals present, which is the criteria for refreezing.

Once I got a delivery of frozen rodents and the carrier must have dropped the box or put something heavy on top of it (doubt if it was supplier's fauult; still use that firm and very pleased.)

When I opened the cardboard box, the polybox just fell apart and a good deal of my frozen rats and mice had started to soften. I put them in the freezer fast, and they've been fine.

Go to Top of Page

boomslang
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2025 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2011 :  19:00:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep be fine,I have to travel 10 miles from the shop with mine.The pinkies start to thaw abit :)

1.0.0 pinstripe Royal Python
1.0.0 Bumblebee Royal Python
1.0.0 Normal corn
1.0.0 Extreme red Hognose
0.1.0 Extreme red tiger Hognose
1.1.0 yemen chameleons
1.0.0 Piebald yemen
1.0.0 Tamatave panther
1.0.0 Quadricornis
Go to Top of Page

BlueDragon
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
876 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2011 :  11:20:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, thanks peoples : )

He's now gone into blue again (seriously he's going to be twelvtie foot long at this rate!) so I'll have to wait to feed him anyway now!

The rats were rock solid again within twenty mins of being back in the freezer, so I was hoping that was a good thing.

Just me and my zoo.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000