tips appreciated :D , callie

cb10 royal female

cb08 royal male

GMac
Grumpy scots admin

United Kingdom
1152 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2011 :  23:29:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
feed, shed, poo( if you wish) and weight. There are a few more but there the important ones

Royals, Corns, Boa, Kings, Hoggy, Ratsnakes

Go to Top of Page

missycupcake
Yearling

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2011 :  23:30:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lovely :) thanks for the info
quote:
Originally posted by GMac

feed, shed, poo( if you wish) and weight. There are a few more but there the important ones

cb10 royal female

cb08 royal male
Go to Top of Page

Margwar
Yearling

United Kingdom
211 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2011 :  23:43:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found with some of my snakes, recording the way they ate, for example drop or strike is helpful, especially with the fussier eaters.

Go to Top of Page

missycupcake
Yearling

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2011 :  23:55:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
brill thank you margwar :) hes not eating at all atm but shedding so fingers crossed he will take next weeks feed

cb10 royal female

cb08 royal male
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2011 :  23:58:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just have a little book for each snake and write in anything of interest but feeding, shedding and for all but the cornsnake (that poops all the time) when they poop, Duke only poops once every 3 months or so so its worth keeping a note of it.

Its nothing unusual for them to refuse food after a move so too early to say he isn't eating. He just needs left alone for a bit to settle.

Edited by - Lotabob on 31/10/2011 23:58:46
Go to Top of Page

missycupcake
Yearling

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2011 :  00:16:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks lotabob , once hes in the new rub tomorrow im leaving him to it :) i think 10 days or more and he shopuld be settled then ill try a feed
quote:
Originally posted by Lotabob

I just have a little book for each snake and write in anything of interest but feeding, shedding and for all but the cornsnake (that poops all the time) when they poop, Duke only poops once every 3 months or so so its worth keeping a note of it.

Its nothing unusual for them to refuse food after a move so too early to say he isn't eating. He just needs left alone for a bit to settle.

cb10 royal female

cb08 royal male
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2011 :  00:55:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah the guideline is 3 feeds in a row but they are only guidelines, Prince will soon let you know if he needs longer and waiting to get your hands on them is torture, Duke tortured me even more by not eating for 3 weeks, then the 3 weeks of feeds, then the 48 hours after the third feed so it was the best part of 7 weeks before Duke came out to play, I was lucky though, I had my 'go to' snake, Spot my cornsnake, he is bullet proof, nothing phases him, I think everyone should own a cornsnake (warning, cornsnakes poop bout 2-3 times a week, smelly beasts).

Oh its the time of year that a lot of Royals start to fast, they get naughties on their minds instead, on this forum from August snake after snake after snake all stopped eating around the same time (including Duke) so it might just be that Prince is at that age too and he may not feed for a while anyway, in that case you can judge if he is settled by his mannerisms rather than the eating guidelines but cross that bridge if/when you come to it.

Royals are great, they are quirky little monsters but they are so tame and once you get into their ways they are a doddle to look after.

Go to Top of Page

boomslang
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2025 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2011 :  03:51:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't really bother,as they all eat like pigs.Only thing i do write down is weight.

1.0.0 pinstripe Royal Python
1.0.0 Bumblebee Royal Python
1.0.0 Normal corn
1.0.0 Extreme red Hognose
0.1.0 Extreme red tiger Hognose
1.1.0 yemen chameleons
1.0.0 Piebald yemen
1.0.0 Tamatave panther
1.0.0 Quadricornis
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2011 :  11:08:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As everyone says - whatever info you like to put, and it's invaluable to look back on, especially when you think, well, was that happening last year, and you can check back and see, also you can monitor progress.

Go to Top of Page

missycupcake
Yearling

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2011 :  12:41:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
iv deciced to record poo shed feed and weight for now as im new to all this :) thanks for the tips , callie :) x

cb10 royal female

cb08 royal male
Go to Top of Page

MarkSue
Hatchling

United Kingdom
99 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2011 :  20:36:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also record when the vivs get cleaned out as well as feeding and shedding (Sorry but i dont do poo)..

Go to Top of Page

missycupcake
Yearling

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2011 :  00:34:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
iv been doing when i clean the viv too preety much everything i d for him or he dose gets recorded ;p;

cb10 royal female

cb08 royal male
Go to Top of Page

jonoandapril
Yearling

United Kingdom
455 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2011 :  10:39:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i do everything but poo. length aswell if you can get them to stay still long enough. normally just do that one after a shed, which makes it todays main battle of wills as my normal shed last night!

1.1.0 corns (amel + carolina)
2.3.0 normal, fire, pastel and 2 bumblebee royals
1.0.0 jungle carpet python
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000