Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2008 :  18:28:50  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Did you give his head a gentle rub with a towel?

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2016 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2008 :  19:04:48  Show Profile
I have sorted my royal out. A quick bath and after i used cotton buds, kitchen roll and my hands to get the last of the shed off.

Go to Top of Page

Mulv
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
530 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2008 :  19:10:04  Show Profile
Yeah. I just sprayed him with some shedding aid and put him back in his tank so I'll see what he's like later. He's booked in at the vets tomorrow eve for a check up because I'm worried he has an RI. I'll see what they reckon if the skin hasn't come off by then. I'm probably gunna take him there in the bag that I bought him in, kinda like a mini pillowcase. That should be fine shouldn't it?
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2008 :  19:11:55  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Yes, that'll be fine.

Go to Top of Page

Mulv
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
530 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2008 :  21:21:12  Show Profile
Right, so Vet's conclusion, he is a bit dehydrated, so I've got some ReptoBoost to add to his water. I've just upped the temps so they should be pretty concrete around 33c. I'll keep checking to make sure they aren't fluctuating too much. Also, she gave me some baytril for him, which I'm going to inject into a stuart and see if he will take it. Then the following 4 days just give him it orally. I STILL can't get the (insert appropriate curse word here) eye caps off, after a couple of days of shedding aid and much persuasion. Vet said to just stick at it, but they seem so solid on there.
I wish you held your rep nights nearer me, then maybe you guys could have a look.
Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2008 :  20:39:35  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
Baytril is usually best given by syringe (with no needle) directly into the mouth, although it's gooey stuff that you don't really want in contact with your skin (particularly women!). a course of one dose a day for 6 days is standard.

glad he's going to be ok Mulv

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page

baldyman666
Hatchling

United Kingdom
90 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2008 :  21:13:18  Show Profile
MULV you obviously are a keen herpe keeper and am also really glad your royal is gonna be ok :)

just out of interest guys n gals.... where do you hold your rep nights?

STARDUST
DOB: 10 jul 08

Go to Top of Page

Mulv
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
530 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2008 :  20:51:00  Show Profile
He's not out of the woods yet unfortunately, his retained shed is still there, and the signs of RI are still apparent. However the baytril is going down his throat every night. Back to the vets on tues after 5 doses, see if he's any better. I really hope he is ok, I love him to bits.

Baldy - York I think. No where near me either way unfortunately.
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2008 :  23:19:05  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Yes, there are different ones around the country, but the one we commonly talk about is in York.

Go to Top of Page

baldyman666
Hatchling

United Kingdom
90 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2008 :  00:18:01  Show Profile
arrggh .... york is too far from portsmouth...gutted... will have to report here on any i find down south (im a northerner-ish in the south )

rooting for mulv matey, with all the lovin and attention he is getting from you im sure he will be fine soon, maybe the medication just takes a while huh!

STARDUST
DOB: 10 jul 08

Edited by - baldyman666 on 30/11/2008 00:54:37
Go to Top of Page

Mulv
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
530 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2008 :  10:08:32  Show Profile
Your in Pompey? I'm from Southampton, I bought Sid in Portsmouth, South Coast Reptiles?
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2008 :  14:48:44  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
I think Paulusworm is from down there too.

Go to Top of Page

Mulv
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
530 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2008 :  15:59:23  Show Profile
I can feel a southerners rep night coming on :)
Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2008 :  19:25:51  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address
I think the only way that I would have time for that as well would be if I gave up sleeping at night.

Go to Top of Page

Mulv
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
530 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2008 :  16:24:52  Show Profile
Lol. I can agree on that one :)
Go to Top of Page

Mulv
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
530 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2008 :  18:16:49  Show Profile
Well, bit of a breakthrough, got the eye caps off today, vet still isn't happy so I have another course of baytril for him, and I'm going to start force feeding him water with a syringe, on approval by the vet, to help hydrate him.
Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2008 :  20:31:30  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
thanks for keeping us posted Mulv did the vet say anything about rehydrating him by soaking him in his water bowl and him absorbing it through his skin? it's obviously nowhere near as effectinve as syringing but probably less stressful for the snake as an inbetweeny thing to try. you can also add Reptoboost, Critical care or even lucozade sport

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2016 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2008 :  20:34:58  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Gingerpony
or even lucozade sport

Really?!

Go to Top of Page

Mulv
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
530 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2008 :  20:51:09  Show Profile
Yeah I have reptoboost in his water already, and I have actually put him down in it several times but he gets out straight away. I'm following the baytril with a syringe of reptoboost water at the moment.
Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2008 :  23:01:51  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
sounds like you're doing everything you can Mulv, will keep my fingers crossed for you

and yes matty, i've never tried it but it's supposed to be a quick fix!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000