Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2009 :  07:43:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hasnt he grown Paulus...bless him

how is he on the handling now? is he getting better?

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2009 :  07:53:33  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wolfspirit

hasnt he grown Paulus...bless him

how is he on the handling now? is he getting better?

Doing the "trust gaining" bit at the moment. Basically in his viv doing maintenance talking to him but making no attempt to handle him. Takes a while but eventually he will get curious and start approaching me. That's when the handling can start. Start off with stroking his back and then move on from there. Completely different technique to the snakes.

Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2009 :  11:52:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you will get there with him;-)

-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
1196 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2009 :  19:07:04  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
..but not before he has a finger off or two

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2009 :  06:45:56  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kazerella

..but not before he has a finger off or two

Could end up like the golf coach in Happy Gilmour

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2009 :  14:57:57  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
New set of pics will be up in the next couple of days hopefully. Godzilla isn't feeling too much like a poser at the moment . Viv build is underway as well so some pics of that too.

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2009 :  19:43:44  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ok, so the viv build began today because I thought that it was going to be cooler than it has been. How wrong I was . Anyhoo, the main criteria that I have, apart from plenty of room for G, is that the finished viv must be able to support the weight of 4x 3ft vivs in 2x 2 viv stacks on top of it. The frame is being constructed so that there is support where the 3ft vivs meet in the middle.

Work in progress:

Brum was supposed to nipping down to B&Q to get some more screws but fell asleep in the sun .

and the completed skeleton:

The whole thing will be clad in 18mm OSB3 so will be more than adequate for weight bearing and G proofing. The 2 front pieces have been attached now so I've just got to either scavenge some sheets of OSB or pay a visit to B&Q. Here's the point that it's at now:

So there you go. The viv build so far. G is hopefully going to have a bath tonight if he co-operates so maybe some pics of the big guy tomorrow.

Alright my loves. Good game, good game:

Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2009 :  19:49:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ha ha ha, bottom photo is wicked...

-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2009 :  20:08:43  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Looks very nice, looking forward to seeing it finished.

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2009 :  20:41:05  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

ha ha ha, bottom photo is wicked...

Harvey has already got dibs on it for his band's first album cover .

quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

Looks very nice, looking forward to seeing it finished.

Thank you. Trying to convince the Mrs that we could fit a double decker version in the house. Going down the route of telling her that her 2 leos would love all the space. The plan being that you guys advise against it because it would be too big (once I've built it of course. Nudge, nudge, , ) then I can fill it with the gorgeous Argus Monitor that is for sale at the local rep store. Sound like a good plan?

Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2009 :  20:54:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oooh it's a viv build! and here was me thinking u were constructing a kiddie cage ;)
also... i like your thinking with the "leo" viv build.... good times ;)
Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2009 :  14:34:01  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Couldn't do the bath thing with G the other night I afraid. He just wasn't interested in playing at all. His diet last month consisted of ploughing his way through a good couple of hundred locusts and other assorted invertibrates, as well as about 5 pinky mice.

Todays pics whilst he was indulging in a waxworm or three. He got hold of the forceps at one point and let's just say that I'm glad that it wasn't my finger . The pics that he looks fat in are just where he was puffing himself up (in a toad styleeee) because Jo was there taking the pics.

Oh and the waxworms are the size that they get just before they pupate to give you all an idea of scale.

Enjoy

Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2009 :  14:41:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
he is looking fantastic, bless him...

i am so glad your sharing these pics with us...

-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2009 :  17:05:32  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
will be great when finished,is that child cb lol

Members map-------Want to be on the map?

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2009 :  17:30:26  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

will be great when finished

I hope so . Got a few tricks up my sleeve when it's built for the layout to stop G getting bored.

quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

is that child cb lol

lol. I do wonder if he's WC sometimes .

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2009 :  17:35:18  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

he is looking fantastic, bless him...

i am so glad your sharing these pics with us...

Thank you . I'll attach a tally to the side of his viv to keep count of what he has eaten by next month to give some figures in pounds. If it means the difference between someone making an informed decision to take a bosc on and not an impulse buy then it'll be worth it.

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  20:06:33  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Nearly hijacked the poo thread then .

He has had another growth spurt since the last lot of pics. I think I need to get a move on and finish his 6 footer asap.

Just given him some GALS and grabbed some pics. The pic of him stood over the dial thermometer is Molly, my 10 year old daughter, feeding him. He's getting the hang of food being at the end of the forceps and if he wants another he nips the end of them and sits there looking for another to be offered. Such a little character .

Are you tempted BE? MessengerMatt on RFUK has got an adult male up for rehoming .

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2016 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  20:13:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice, hes filling out a bit.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  20:43:50  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
He's gorgeous!

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2016 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  20:44:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What are you using for substrate Paul?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic