Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  20:52:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
he is lovely Paul...

looks like he is smiling in the last shot...

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  22:40:49  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Cheers guys . He really is starting to come out of his shell a bit more now almost on a daily basis.

quote:
Originally posted by matty18714

What are you using for substrate Paul?

65% Sterilized Top Soil
25% Play Sand
10% Vermiculite

Holds the humidity quite nicely and also holds together nicely when he burrows. Tempted to get one then Matty?

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2016 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  22:43:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like them alot, but it wont happen for a long while. Alot nicer than other pet trade lizards I reckon.

How did you sterilize the soil?

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  07:29:03  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

I like them alot, but it wont happen for a long while. Alot nicer than other pet trade lizards I reckon.

It comes already sterilized from B & Q. Only about £4 for a sack.

Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  08:58:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paulusworm

quote:

how long does a sack last you?

-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  09:28:37  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wolfspirit

quote:
Originally posted by Paulusworm

quote:

how long does a sack last you?

Quite a while. I've only just used the last of the sack this week. Still got about half a sack of playsand and loads of the vermiculite left. The 6 footer will probably use about 3 sacks but you only really need to do a complete change every 3 - 6 months provided that you spot clean daily.

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2009 :  18:59:00  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Does my bum look big in this???

I think he might need a new cave .

Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2009 :  13:37:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bless him...

is he mimicking a RP when they get to small for there hides..?

-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2009 :  14:39:39  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
he growing fast paul

Members map-------Want to be on the map?

Go to Top of Page

punumbear
Yearling

United Kingdom
263 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2009 :  23:52:37  Show Profile  Click to see punumbear's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
awww bless he looks cool.. been thinking of a bosc or beardie meself..but may do more homework yet.. looks like a happy chap though.. keep the pics coming..:O)

i like my animals more than i like people
Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2009 :  18:09:26  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys. He is definately on another growth spurt. Saw him this morning and he looks bigger again!!!

quote:
Originally posted by punumbear

awww bless he looks cool.. been thinking of a bosc or beardie meself..but may do more homework yet.. looks like a happy chap though.. keep the pics coming..:O)

If you do decide on a bosc feel free to contact me on msn or on the dark side there is a thread on the lizard forum called 'monitors and Tegus'. Highly recommend it. Some very experienced, friendly people on that thread.

Go to Top of Page

punumbear
Yearling

United Kingdom
263 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2009 :  00:03:45  Show Profile  Click to see punumbear's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
cool cheers paul shall keep that in mind :O)

i like my animals more than i like people
Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2009 :  12:02:02  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It's that time again.

The feed list as promised. I've put a cost on the locusts because the other items vary so much from supplier to supplier and the GALS are from my own colony but I have given an approximate size for the ones he enjoys. So here goes:

216 x medium locusts (equal to two bulk bags @ £12.79 per bag)
5 x mouse fluffs
1 x pinky mouse
20 x GALS (approximately half inch shell length)
1 x portion of finely chopped heart, liver and steak. The portion was about the same size as his head.

He is going to be moving up to large locusts on the next order so the price of the bulk bag will increase slightly.

To give a comparison the pair of leopard geckos have only managed to get through 20 - 30 locusts of the same size and maybe a handfull of mealworms. Quite a difference in appetite between the two species.

Behaviour wise he is coming on leaps and bounds. He will happily sit there while being fed GALS or waiting for me to open the locust tub. We did have something a little odd happen the other day though. He waved!!!!

Go to Top of Page

chris100575
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
743 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2009 :  12:53:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He looks so cute at the moment, you can see why people buy them on impulse.

0.1.0 Royal Python - Princess
0.1.0 BCI - Feather
Go to Top of Page

karl
Fully Grown Royal

1069 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2009 :  16:12:45  Show Profile  Visit karl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Really good to see someone posting the actual cost of ownership for a change. Lizards are soooo much harder/time consuming to keep than snakes.

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2009 :  10:04:30  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by karl

Really good to see someone posting the actual cost of ownership for a change. Lizards are soooo much harder/time consuming to keep than snakes.

No problem at all mate. I'm gonna have to do the next food list from memory I'm afraid, cos I've been so busy, I forgot to update the chart . Your point about the amount of time is very true. Even more so with a cf animal.

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2009 :  16:04:28  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Is there something caught in my teeth?

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2009 :  16:52:08  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
What's he eating there?

How much does he weigh now?

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2009 :  17:02:30  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

What's he eating there?

How much does he weigh now?

A juvenile african land snail. Don't know his weight because his training hasn't progressed to being handled yet. Give it a few more weeks and I think he may reach that point.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2009 :  17:52:43  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
What would his reaction to being held be then?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000