Page: of 15

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2009 :  22:22:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bpluv

i understand that they are all differant. but what else do i compare to.
so how do we know mine is going to like this little cramped box just cause yours does.

thanks for everyones help but i think il deal with this, if not il just let it go.

we are all trying to help you here...nobody has it in for you,

and believe me when i say we are all routing for your little guy and willing him to eat...

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2009 :  22:24:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

i understand that they are all differant. but what else do i compare to.
so how do we know mine is going to like this little cramped box just cause yours does.

thanks for everyones help but i think il deal with this, if not il just let it go.

calm down love :D
we say try in a small cramped box cos that is how they live in the wild, inside little burrows and they very very rarely come out, unless it's to hunt. that's not to say that ALL captive royals prefer cramped spaces... but the majority are more relaxed in cramped spaces. it may be true that yours is one of the few exceptions of course, at the end of the day, do what you want to do :D If you learn something new, that one of us hasn't mentioned, thats actually a good thing, cos then you will have something new to put to someone else who may be in your position in the future. please dont take comments here to heart, no one is out to get you.
we can only tell you what we know, doesn't mean it's gospel truth xxx

Edited by - MissCat on 21/06/2009 22:25:37
Go to Top of Page

bpluv
Yearling

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  10:21:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thought id pop back in and give an update thanks to a nudge from cat.
royal still hasnt eaten, has been in a 10x5x5 rub for the last few weeks and still nothing.
in the last 2 weeks it has lost another 3.7grams.
should i be worried yet?
it had silvery eyes the other day so i gave it a luke warm bath and that sorted that, altough iv seen no shed either, since iv had it, its started useing its tongue abit more since the bath but still no interest in a cute lil white mouse.
the skin is looking very baggy but not dehydrated, and its getting more active recently aswell which is a good thing i think.
anyone got anymore advise for me?

thanks
Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  10:32:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hullo :D should shed soon (usually shed about a week or so after they eyes go back to normal).
I'd say active seems good, especially after the weight loss.
have u thought about trying a live or freshly killed mouse/rat/multi/gerbil/hamster/child ;)
how heavy/old is it now? as u know, i have a pants memory lol, not helped by the fact that biff (my OH) was up all night with toothache, so i was too :s
good to see u back though :D
Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  10:50:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey glad you came back..

how much does your royal weigh now?

I am in Essex tomorrow, going down the M25 (hate that road)

am not saying i can do it, but if you want me to give him a go, i will need his set up and a stat...

it might also take more than one feed..so it could be five to six weeks..

just let me know ok..i can meet you at Potters Bar service station..

Also if you email me off my profile i can give you the email address of someone that will be able to get him going, but they are in Essex, just off the M25...

-- Source Unknown

Edited by - wolfspirit on 07/07/2009 11:01:48
Go to Top of Page

bpluv
Yearling

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  12:29:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i tried on live mouse, all i can get as a friend breeds them for his, it weighs 40grams exactly now, is around 10 weeks old.
lol@cat. looks like your having some fun latly with everything.
wolfspirit i apprieciate the offer, but i dont think i could hand my baby over to someone at the side of the m25, not that i think your untrustwothy or anything, but i been stung before. and i dont want her to go for 6 weeks unless 100% nessercery.
it seems to be improving, sleeping with head out the hide seems to be a good sign. i keep finding hard green pebbles and green paper so im guessing its drinking and urinating well.
oh and its skin doesnt seem to be fading or dulling, so could the silvery eyes have been anything else atall.
i apprieciate the offer w/s, if it comes to it i have everything for it.

thanks
and the m25. stay in the slow lane, you will be quicker, as people come off the inside lane moves quicker. was like a car park all day saterday.lol
Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  12:46:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i understand the M25 but it was at Potters Bar ss..lol..

and yes i know about the M25, too me three hours last wednesday to get back from Essex, a journey that normally only takes 45 minutes..

Just offering help, it must be so frustrating for you to have him not eating..

but if you can get him to Rach she would get him going..she has got tons of royals....well not tons, but a lot..and has a lot of experience with non feeders..if you want her email addy let me know..neither myself or Rach would want to keep your royal..

or i can put you in touch with one other person that might help you if i ask him..

on a plus side, some babies have been know to take up to three months to start eating..

have you got any repto boost you could add to his water just to help him whilst he is not eating?

I have asked on another forum to see if i can find someone closer to you that might be able to help, is this ok?

-- Source Unknown

Edited by - wolfspirit on 07/07/2009 12:49:47
Go to Top of Page

bpluv
Yearling

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  13:16:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yea thats fine w/s, i understand what your saying. i asked rach on rfuk if i could get a rat off her in a few weeks and she seems happy to help.
im starting to think mine is not cb. il get some reptiboost. i have nutrobal for the others but obviously its not eating so cant use that.
id prefer someone closer, essex isnt to bad for me, but id want it to be last resort to have to hand her over.
where are you based w/s, sounds like alot further than essex.
i apprieciate the help and all.
doesnt help that my boa came home, ate after 3 days, handled her 48hrs later, 2hrs after she regurged, so i got another 10days waiting on her aswell now to let her poor stomach settle. that was apparently due to keeping her at 88 in her rub, should be low 80s according to who bred her.

when should i start worrying about the royal with her weight, length without food etc

thanks again.

neil
Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  13:22:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Neil

if your going to see Rach, then take your baby with you...

yeah i know she is a fair way out, but it will all be worth it in the end..

i just got a cf from her, she is really good..

i am in Dunstable;-)

-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

bpluv
Yearling

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  13:27:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dunstable is quite a distance, essex is closer.
would it be worth the stress on the snake if im going to get a rat to feed the snake, would i need to leave her a few days after the journey before i try to feed her.
dont want to cause any more probloms for it.
Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  13:36:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

dunstable is quite a distance, essex is closer.
would it be worth the stress on the snake if im going to get a rat to feed the snake, would i need to leave her a few days after the journey before i try to feed her.
dont want to cause any more probloms for it.

I would take him to Rach, and i know your not going to like this, but if you give the rat and it does not feed your back to square one again, hence i am suggesting taking it to her..and let Rach get this one going..
thats all i am thinking, it is nothing against you at all..just sometimes more is needed..

then once you have him back you will have a feeding royal..and you will be able to enjoy him without stressing...

as for the regurge on your boa, i had a corn do that when travelling, that was down to it being to cold..lol..so go figure;-)

-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

bpluv
Yearling

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  13:43:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol, the boa is ard, she can take it.lol
i just emailed rach to see what she says as a last resort, which is getting closer. but i feel cheecky as i dont know her atall. but im starting to realise its not going to eat for me so i should just swallow my pride and get some proper help with the matter.
il wait for rachs reply.

thanks w/s
Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  13:48:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

lol, the boa is ard, she can take it.lol
i just emailed rach to see what she says as a last resort, which is getting closer. but i feel cheecky as i dont know her atall. but im starting to realise its not going to eat for me so i should just swallow my pride and get some proper help with the matter.
il wait for rachs reply.

thanks w/s

Rach is really nice and has loads of knowledge...she will help..
and it will be no bother for her, cos she is used to it..lol..

-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  14:50:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i was talking to someone a while ago whose snake would only feed after being taken for a drive in the car LOL
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  14:50:13  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Have you tried a Rat Pup (I haven't read all the way back)?

As an aside, the journey might actually help, it has been shown to stimulate hunger in non-eaters in the past.

3.7g loss is nothing, but 40g in itself is worryingly low.

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  15:22:53  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

i keep finding hard green pebbles and green paper so im guessing its drinking and urinating well.

urates are either white or light yellow,could green be a cause for concern?

Members map-------Want to be on the map?

Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  15:35:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

quote:

i keep finding hard green pebbles and green paper so im guessing its drinking and urinating well.

urates are either white or light yellow,could green be a cause for concern?

awwww dont say that! i get the occasional green bit too! (not me personally, but my snakes :s)
Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  16:03:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
most times my royals pee's come out yellowy white ...

-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  17:26:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yea most of the time i have yellow or white urates, or they just do normal liquid pee, but on a couple of occasions there have been little green bits, like they were planning on having a poop, but it was being shy... ;)
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  18:06:16  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
im not saying theres something wrong,lust never seen it before with mine

Members map-------Want to be on the map?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000