Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

bengy_s
Yearling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2009 :  21:01:51  Show Profile  Send bengy_s an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey people

Chester's IBD test results should be in tomorrow (possibly Tuesday). Those who have seen the other threads will know what is going on those who don't here is the link:

http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3126

Fingers crossed. Wish us luck!

R.I.P Chester

matty18714
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2016 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2009 :  21:10:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck Ben!

Go to Top of Page

ookami
Yearling

United Kingdom
122 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2009 :  21:21:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wiil keep my fingers crossed xxx

0.0.1 royal python 09
0.0.1 sunglow corn snake
0.2.0 kids 09 & 00
1.1.0 bearded pygmy chameleons
2 GALS
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
Yearling

United Kingdom
300 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2009 :  06:32:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
good luck ben,fingers crossed it all goes well for chester

Sigs by lucifer
2.1 Cornsnakes: Montana (Carolina), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender).
2.0 Royal Pythons: Q & Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun King Snake: Simba
Go to Top of Page

dazb
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2847 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2009 :  06:46:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck mate...

Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2009 :  08:23:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck :)
Go to Top of Page

chris100575
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
743 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2009 :  08:56:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck, really hope it turns out to be something treatable.

0.1.0 Royal Python - Princess
0.1.0 BCI - Feather
Go to Top of Page

bengy_s
Yearling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2009 :  19:39:31  Show Profile  Send bengy_s an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone. The results were not back today. Apparently they will be in tomorrow or Wednesday at the very latest.

R.I.P Chester
Go to Top of Page

AddicksGlenn
Yearling

United Kingdom
388 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2009 :  19:48:06  Show Profile  Click to see AddicksGlenn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Good luck m8, everything crossed

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2009 :  10:00:42  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i really hope it's not ibd,good luck

Members map-------Want to be on the map?

Go to Top of Page

Royalbob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
1115 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2009 :  22:51:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just read post, best of luck.

1.0 Enchi butter
1.0 Enchi X Pastel
1.0 Fire het clown
1.0 Bumblebee
1.0 pinstripe

0.1 Enchi Fire
0.1 Pastel calico
0.1 Yellow belly Pinstripe
0.1 Lemon pastel poss het clown
0.1 Het clown
0.1 Yellow belly
0.1 Green Mojave
0.1 HC Albino
0.2 Normals

Go to Top of Page

boze
Yearling

United Kingdom
408 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2009 :  15:53:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey man, any results today? Hoping for the best for you and Chester :-)

D

0.1.0. Royal (Salmissra)
0.0.1. Western Hognose (Spiderman)

quote:
Originally posted by ruxpin64
I'm so happy I may lay on my back and pee in the air like a baby!

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2009 :  16:39:13  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, waiting impatiently here, everything crossed

Go to Top of Page

bengy_s
Yearling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2009 :  21:31:29  Show Profile  Send bengy_s an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hi people. Sorry for not letting you know sooner. I phoned them and the results would have come in this afternoon but Polly was unavailable. I have a telephone appointment with Polly tomorrow which I booked with her receptionist. If she requires Chester to come in then have a chance to tomorrow also. Basically tomorrow is D day!

R.I.P Chester
Go to Top of Page

bengy_s
Yearling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2009 :  21:32:16  Show Profile  Send bengy_s an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your continuing support, it is very soothing knowing other people care for the little guy too!

R.I.P Chester
Go to Top of Page

Lathers
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2009 :  22:49:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How could we not care for the little guy would hate to have that disease hopefully it will just be a scare.
Go to Top of Page

yardy
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
43 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2009 :  13:17:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Best wishes to both of you-think some good luck is well deserved.
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2009 :  17:35:48  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Any new Ben?

Go to Top of Page

bengy_s
Yearling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2009 :  18:42:30  Show Profile  Send bengy_s an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hi all. As blackecho (piers) said early on, IBD is notoriously difficult to diagnose in a live snake. The only way to be certain is a most mortem liver biopsy. Therefore as you may have guessed the hopefull swabs and bloods came back negative for IBD and more importantly negative for anything else. This further confirmed in the vet's mind it is IBD. I have the difficult choice of two options to make- 1. Put chester through a live liver biopsy. This is a further £200 on the £85 i have already paid the vets, plus ibd shown he will need put to sleep and crimation. However, as forementioned, there is still no guarantee of diagnosing it (not sure why) unless its done post mortem. Reptiles are also not great with anaesthetic and he'll have a incision. He is also physically weaker. Option 2- put chester to sleep and do a post mortem to confirm IBD. To put him to sleep, crimate him and carry out post mortem is £240. Or i can just put him to sleep and crimate him based on the vets' expertice. What to do!? Well the cost is obviously high with any option, however as he was sold to me with this disease it is my legal right to have a full refund of the snake and any financal losses as a result of the ''fault'' in the ''goods'' under the sales of goods act. I have an appointment with polly next week. By which time i need to make a decision. Any advice much appreciated. Feel so upset :-(

R.I.P Chester
Go to Top of Page

Lathers
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2009 :  18:55:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gutted for you mate, but from a slightly coldpoint of view it would be easier to 'get your money back' if the post mortem is undertaken I would think, it would be difficult for the shop to argue with a set of results unless the vet will write you a cert. Sorry to hear
Go to Top of Page

bengy_s
Yearling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2009 :  19:35:57  Show Profile  Send bengy_s an AOL message  Reply with Quote
thanks lathers. I know what u mean. its always difficult cuz your trying to think of whats best for the snake amongst the external factors influencing the options. I think my gut is telling me to put him to sleep so he isn't suffering anymore and then get a post mortem so, although it won't bring chester back, at least i have done the right thin by him and won't lose out financially too. Do you think its a good idea to put to the shop owner? I.e. if he's happy to refund current vet bill and snake and cost of putting him to sleep without going to expense which he will ultimately have to pay if its confirmed? If i wanted to be out for all i can get i am actually entitled to refund on all my viv and equipment because to ''kill off'' the virus alltogether im to burn all of the equipment as the virus can stay on the surfaces for ages. so if i got another python i should rebuy everything. Or you think using the vikon disinfectant is sufficient? apparently is does kill the disease and i did wash it all when chester was at vets.

R.I.P Chester
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000