Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

matty18714
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2016 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2009 :  19:41:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear about the result.

Honestly, if it was me, I would have him PTS and get a post mortem. If he is going to carry on having a very low quality of life, its not fair to keep him going.

Although it is expensive, a post mortem is essential. Other keepers have been in contact with your snake which could mean their collection could also be infected. Yourself and other keepers need to be aware if he has the disease.

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2009 :  19:41:49  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
not a easy choice,but if he is suffering and they cant diagnose it they cant treat it any way.Whether or not you have a living biopsy chester is not going to recover from what ever it is and could die during the operation,so in my opinion if it was my snake i would have him euthanized and then have the post mortem the you will have evidence to go back to the shop with,sorry but thats my opinion.

Members map-------Want to be on the map?

Go to Top of Page

bengy_s
Yearling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2009 :  19:47:43  Show Profile  Send bengy_s an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes thank lee and matty. Yes matty lee is the only other snake keeper i have been around and he obviously is aware. Thanks for opinions. I think as i said in my last post i will put him to sleep and get a post mortem. It seems thats the best choice of a bad situation. What you'll think bout the equipmet situation?

R.I.P Chester
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2016 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2009 :  19:50:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would destroy it all, but of course try and claim what you can from the shop.

Edited by - matty18714 on 19/11/2009 19:51:59
Go to Top of Page

Lathers
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2009 :  19:56:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It seems to me that the vet in his professional opinion believes that it's ibd Then it seems to be sligtly pointless doing a live biopsy since it doesn't seem to be particularily conclusive I would think the pet shop would want a pm he may have others Pts seems the fairest option for the snakey if there is a fair option
Go to Top of Page

Lathers
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2009 :  19:58:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry bit slow typing I would destroy everything I would be gutted if I missed something and my next snake got it
Go to Top of Page

bengy_s
Yearling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2009 :  20:12:02  Show Profile  Send bengy_s an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yes thanks. he's gonna love me. The snake was 100, 85 vets so far, 240 for euthinazia and pm and equipment and viv will have to add up but at least 125. Thats 550!

R.I.P Chester
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2016 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2009 :  20:13:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How sure are you that the shop will pay out?

Go to Top of Page

bengy_s
Yearling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2009 :  21:24:24  Show Profile  Send bengy_s an AOL message  Reply with Quote
He has said he will pay for the snake. I haven't yet as mentioned vets bill and equipment. How come?

R.I.P Chester
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2009 :  21:25:37  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Is the snake still suffering Ben, no sign of improvement?

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2016 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2009 :  21:54:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bengy_s

How come?

No reason, I was just wondering what they legaly have to pay, and what he is offering to pay.

Edit - Could you also email me where you got it from.

Edited by - matty18714 on 19/11/2009 21:55:22
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
Yearling

United Kingdom
300 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2009 :  22:06:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
personally i would put him to sleep now and get the results,I'd rather have him free from pain on my own terms than putting him through surgery that he might not survive, at least if you did that then you could be with him and be with him..i know its not much of a comfort but if I was in your position it would make me feel slightly better..

i really hope the shop help you out as much as they can,

Sigs by lucifer
2.1 Cornsnakes: Montana (Carolina), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender).
2.0 Royal Pythons: Q & Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun King Snake: Simba
Go to Top of Page

bengy_s
Yearling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2009 :  19:31:32  Show Profile  Send bengy_s an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yes he still striking too. Wobbling but he is more sudate.

R.I.P Chester
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2009 :  19:39:51  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Do you think he is suffering?

Go to Top of Page

Robert
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
957 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2009 :  21:42:28  Show Profile  Visit Robert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's so sad Ben, however hard it is just do what you think is right and don't let it suffer more than it has to, my feelings go out to you

Go to Top of Page

bengy_s
Yearling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 21/11/2009 :  16:43:56  Show Profile  Send bengy_s an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks all.

Piers: Its hard to tell. He isn't himself, he strikes at things often, and wobbles and stutters around everywhere.

Matty: They do legally have to pay the cost of the snake and any direct loss resulting from the snake ie. equipment and vets. Its just if he'll pay willingly or have to take him to small claims court. It'll be in his interest to pay without court as he'll have to pay court fee and interest on my credit card for vets bill as I can't afford it out right. He has to pay as he sold me the snake in "faulty condition".

R.I.P Chester
Go to Top of Page

yardy
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
43 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2009 :  13:35:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gutted for you both.
Go to Top of Page

bengy_s
Yearling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2009 :  20:06:51  Show Profile  Send bengy_s an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Yardy. Taking him vets tomorrow at 9am to put him to sleep 8-<

R.I.P Chester
Go to Top of Page

spor
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1226 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2009 :  20:25:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sad to hear this for you. I'm sure you'll both come in to all our thoughts tomorrow.

0.4.0 Royal Python
1.0.0 Pastel Royal
0.1.0 Spider Royal
1.1.0 Carolina Corn Snake
1.0.0 Normal Stripe Corn
1.0.0 Yellow Bellied Turtle
Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2009 :  23:17:28  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
from what i've read ben you're doing the right thing hun *hugs*
i've tried to keep off this thread as i have strong views about vets 'diagnosing' IBD but it's his welfare at stake, and part of being a good owner is making that call when it needs to be done.

Blessed Be

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000